SUBURBAN WATER, INC.
APPLICATION TO TRANSFER DOMESTIC WATER SERVICE
AND WATER USERS’ AGREEMENT
The undersigned Applicant, to be the owner/occupant of the residence, hereby requests that the existing water service be transferred to them. If this Application is approved and water service is made available by SUBURBAN WATER, the Applicant agrees to the following terms and conditions::
- Applicant agrees to pay a transfer/set-up fee of $20.00 which will be applied to the first water bill. Applicant agrees to pay the minimum monthly charge for water service from the time service is made available and pay for the additional water used at the rates set forth in SUBURBAN WATER’S current Rate Schedule. Payments shall be made to the office of SUBURBAN WATER by the 20th day of the month in which the bill is rendered. Failure of SUBURBAN WATER to issue a service bill shall not excuse the Applicant’s obligation to pay for the water used when the bill is rendered. Applicant’s failure to pay a bill by the 20th day of the month in which the bill is rendered, and comply with this Agreement, will result in a late fee of 2% of the unpaid balance for each billing cycle and the issuance of a delinquent notice. If the Applicant does not pay the balance due within seven days of the date of the delinquent notice, the water service to the premises described below will be shut-off, which will result in additional charges (shut-off/collection fee of $8.00; re-connection fee of $15.00) unless special arrangements are made with SUBURBAN WATER. The transfer of a water service will not be made to an Applicant with an unpaid balance with SUBURBAN WATER.
- Applicant agrees to comply with the laws of the State of Kansas, the By-Laws of SUBURBAN WATER, INC., and SUBURBAN WATER’S Rules and Regulations, as presently existing, and as may be amended from time to time, are made a part of this Agreement, as though fully set out herein.
- Applicant agrees to claim no damage on account of the temporary stoppage of the flow of water resulting from accidents, or when stoppage is necessary to make alterations, repairs, or improvements to the water system.
- Applicant shall keep the plumbing system at the residence in good repair and shall promptly stop all leaks. In addition, the Applicant agrees to properly operate the plumbing fixtures to minimize the wasting of water.
- Applicant agrees that the water service supplied by SUBURBAN WATER shall be for the sole use of the Applicant and occupants of this residence.
- Applicant agrees not to extend or permit the extension of pipes for the purpose of transferring water from one residence/property to another.
- Applicant agrees to not share, re-sell, nor sub-meter water to any other structure or location.
- Applicant agrees that each service meter shall supply water to only one residence located on land within SUBURBAN WATER’S designated service area.
- Failure to comply with all of SUBURBAN WATER’S Rules and Regulations shall result in the removal of the water meter and discontinuance of the water service. Re-installation of the meter, thereafter, shall result in a $250.00 service charge/violation fee.
- Applicant agrees that if after the water service is made available, the same is discontinued or disconnected for any reason, re-connection shall by upon the conditions established by SUBURBAN WATER.
- Applicant agrees not to make any physical connection between a private water system and SUBURBAN WATER’S system. Representatives of SUBURBAN WATER may, at any reasonable time, come on the premises where the water is being used for the purpose of conducting an inspection to insure compliance with this provision. Violation of this provision shall result in disconnection of this water service.
- Applicant agrees that the tapping-saddle, corporation-stop, piping from the distribution main to the meter-setter, meter vault, meter cover/lid, meter-setter, and meter (collectively known as the service connection), is and shall remain, at all times the property of SUBURBAN WATER. The meter may be removed by SUBURBAN WATER without notice upon discontinuation of service for any reason.